Guys this recipe is so darn easy! I’m pretty sure I could make this in my sleep. Once you have all your veggies prepped this Thai shrimp with chili paste recipe literally takes about 5 minutes.
Can we take a minute to look how pretty this is??? …. ok minute is up. So this recipe doesn’t involve a lot of ingredients so you should also love me for that. I expect you guys to have most of the Thai sauces in your pantry by now if you are a follower of my blog!
For the sauces you will need fish sauce, thin soy sauce (mushroom soy sauce), and chili paste. If you guys don’t already have these here they are on Amazon. Also if you buy from these links I get a tiny portion….so thanks!
Thin soy sauce : Amazon
Chili paste: Amazon
Fish sauce: Amazon
Ok, that’s all we need for the sauce so let’s get to the prep work!
Mince the garlic cloves, slice the lime leaves in the skinniest pieces you can make, thinly slice the onion, and chop the Chinese broccoli into large bite sized pieces (keep some of the stems and thinly slice them).
Add some oil to your wok and turn on high and add the garlic, fry until fragrant about 30 seconds being careful not to burn it. Add the chili paste and fry for an additional 30 seconds, then add the onion and cook stirring frequently for about 1 minute.
Add the Chinese broccoli, shrimp, fish sauce, and soy sauce and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
Serve over jasmine rice and top with the lime leaf! SO EASY RIGHT!?
- 1 to 2 cups shrimp
- 2 cups Chinese broccoli (or any veggie you have on hand)
- 1/2 cup sweet or yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 lime leaves
- 2 tbsp. chili paste
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. mushroom soy sauce (thin soy sauce)
- 1 tsp sugar
- Mince the garlic, thinly slice the onion, chop the broccoli in large bite sized pieces (keep some stem and thinly slice)
- Heat a wok on high and add oil and garlic, fry until fragrant about 30 seconds, then add the chili paste and fry an additional 30 seconds
- Add the onion and cook stirring frequently for about a minute, add the shrimp, broccoli, fish sauce, and soy sauce.
- Fry for about 2 to 3 minutes until the broccoli is tender
- Serve over jasmine rice and top with the lime leaves. ENJOY!!