If you have never heard of Prik King your life is honestly lacking a bit. Make this easy recipe and be prepared to die a little bit from the tastiness! This is a super simple Thai recipe that hardly takes any time to whip up and only requires a few ingredients.
If you are a fan of curry, you need to try Prik King. If you are not a fan of curry, you need to try Prik King. Got it? Ok, thanks.
So, all you need for this recipe is chicken, garlic, green beans, lime leaves, and Prik King curry paste. That is only 5 ingredients! Plus the garlic barely even counts, because who doesn’t have garlic on hand already? Lime leaves can be kind of tricky to find. I have only been able to find them at an Asian market. If you find them, stock up on them and freeze them (they freeze super well)!
The 2 sauces you will need to make Prik King are mushroom soy sauce and fish sauce. If you can’t find these sauces and don’t have access to an Asian market, you can get them on Amazon. Here are the links to buy them! Mushroom soy sauce: Amazon Try not to sub this for regular soy sauce, it completely changes the taste of the dish.
Fish sauce: Amazon Any brand of fish sauce will do, this is just one of my favorites.
Here is a link to buy the Prik King curry paste if you don’t have acess to an Asian market. Prik King paste:Amazon
Here we go. First get all the prepping out of the way so the dish will be a breeze to whip up. Chop the beans in 1 inch pieces, mince the garlic (use only fresh garlic), and thinly slice the lime leaves. Grab a paper towel and dab all the chicken juice off, then cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
Add oil and garlic to your wok and turn on high heat. Fry the garlic until fragrant being careful not to burn it. Reduce the heat to medium and add the Prik King curry paste. Fry the curry paste until fragrant, for about 1 minute.
Add the chicken and turn the heat back on high. Fry the chicken until about halfway cooked through (you may need to add some extra oil if the chicken seems too dry), then add the beans and lime leaf. Stir frequently.
Cook for about 2-3 minutes, then add the fish sauce, mushroom soy sauce, and the sugar. Fry until the chicken is cooked through and the beans are semi-soft, about 5 minutes.
Serve over jasmine rice and enjoy!!
There is just something about this dish! The curry paste is directly fried right onto the chicken so it absorbs insane amounts of flavor! One more picture for good measure.
- 1 lb. chicken breast or tenders
- 2 cups French green beans (or string beans)
- 4 lime leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp. Prik King curry paste
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. mushroom soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- Chop the green beans into 1 inch pieces, mince the garlic, and thinly slice the lime leaves. Dry the chicken with a paper towel, then cut into bite sized pieces.
- Add the oil and garlic to a wok and heat on high. Fry the garlic until fragrant (be careful not to burn it), then reduce the heat to medium. Add the curry paste and fry for about a minute or until its fragrant.
- Add the chicken, and turn the heat back up to high (if the chicken seems too dry add a little more oil). Fry the chicken until it is about halfway cooked through, then add the green beans and lime leaf. Stir frequently.
- Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, then add the fish sauce, mushroom soy sauce, and the sugar.
- Fry until the chicken is cooked through and the beans are soft (not squishy) for about 5 minutes.
- Serve over jasmine rice and ENJOY!!!