Alright guys, I’m pretty sure I’ve said this about other recipes I’ve posted before but….this is my all time favorite Thai meal! When I lived in Thailand I pretty much ate it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I’m not ashamed of that either. Also this recipe is super easy to make! One of the ingredients you will need to hunt down from an Asian market it oyster sauce, they may sell it at your local grocery store but most likely not. Here is my favorite brand but as long as the bottle says oyster sauce you should be good to go!
Here is an Amazon link to buy oyster sauce if you aren’t able to find it. Oyster sauce: Amazon
I love garlic and I’m glad Thai food uses a lot of garlic, but I’m getting angry just thinking about peeling it. Feel free to buy pre peeled garlic, but please do not buy the jar of pre minced garlic, I won’t allow it. Thanks.
Please try not to sub the Thai basil leaves for regular basil leaves, it will completely change the taste to this awesome dish.
Ok, go get your wok (if you still haven’t gotten one yet I guess go get your large pan). Turn your stove top burner on medium high heat and throw in a bit of olive oil, add your garlic and Thai chili peppers, and fry until fragrant without burning the garlic. Once the garlic is fragrant add the ground pork (or chicken), don’t forget to be stirring frequently. Next, sprinkle on the pork seasoning. When the pork is about halfway cooked through, add the onion. Continue cooking and stirring for a couple more minutes, when the pork is almost fully cooked add the oyster sauce, mushroom soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and basil leaves. Cook until the meat is thoroughly browned and until the basil leaves are wilted.
I think these recipes are getting easier and easier huh? Your welcome.
Oh and by the way, if you are an egg person, please add a fried egg on top. Caution though, if you add the egg you wont be able to eat it without an egg again.
- •1 lb. ground pork or chicken
- •1 yellow onion
- •1 cup Thai basil leaves
- •3 cloves garlic
- •1-3 Thai hot peppers
- •1 tsp pork seasoning
- •1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- •2 tbsp. fish sauce
- •2 tbsp. mushroom soy sauce
- •1 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- Mince your garlic, chop the hot peppers, tear the basil leaves off the stems, and thinly slice the onion.
- Heat about 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a wok or large pan on medium high and add the garlic and hot peppers. Fry the garlic until fragrant, without burning it. Then add the ground pork, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle the pork seasoning on the pork while it is browning. Once the pork is cooked about halfway through add the onions, continue to stir.
- When the pork is almost fully cooked add the oyster sauce, fish sauce, mushroom soy sauce, sugar, and basil leaves. Cook until the meat is thoroughly browned and the basil leaves are wilted. ENJOY!!!